Small businesses are amazing but they don’t want to be the best kept secret!
There are a lot more small businesses than most people realise with small business (those with less than 20 employees) making up 98% of US companies and 97% of Australian companies.
As you know, StartUp KickStart is here to help people realise the change they want in their life, and for some that means starting their own business, social enterprise, community group or not-for-profit.
I’m in the lucky position to be brought in during the early stages as people work on their amazing ideas, like the guy who is making it affordable to create small business apps, the photographer shining a light on incredible female entrepreneurs, the 21 year old who’s setting up his own food van, the black-belt gym owner who wants to create a place where he can help teenagers in the community find their purpose and direction …these individuals are bringing their dreams to reality and I’m so honoured to know them!
In the lead up to Small Business Saturday on 26 November, a global day to celebrate and support all the independent change makers, life grabbers and purpose driven business owners, I will be highlighting a business each Saturday to Startup KickStart subscribers and on social media.
A couple of things you should know:
- I’ll be using Mailchimp Snap and testing it over the month because I’ve never used it before and it seems like a great way to share information! I’ll share my findings in a later article, so you can see if it would work for your business.
- Mailchimp Snap is used for sending simple, photo-based emails from your phone.
- If you are a subscriber, feel free to contribute and shine the light on a small business you think is doing a great job. Just email me a photo that reflects the business (remember – we are visual creatures, so make the image count), their url or social media link if they have one (Mailchimp Snap only allows for one link, so use the one they want to drive traffic to) and a very short explanation as to why they stand out, float your boat, ring your bell and make you wave your pom-poms. It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, you never know, one of the other subscribers might just live around the corner or will be visiting soon!
- You need to be a subscriber to contribute, so sign up here for free and ring the bell for a small business.
- After Small Business Saturday on 26 November 2016, I’ll check in with subscribers and see if you want this to continue or if we should tweak it.
- I’ll also be sharing it on my Instagram profile, where I already share shout outs for amazing people and businesses I experience.
I’m really looking forward to sharing this with you, testing out a new business tool, supporting small businesses and revealing the best-kept secrets!
Only 24 hours to go until the first one!!!!
Rebecca Collett, StartUp KickStart Founder